Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Safari

Beale

OK So guys I just got an e-mail from a very good friend. He is getting out of MD hunting all together and is "Giving" me his Safari. He said it has seen very little use and wanted sombody to have it that would use and enjoy it. Well heck I will do that.

A Big Question here? I really would like to have an E-Trac but the $$ is short by big time. I think selling a gift is just not good so i want to learn the Safari. Are their any Downloadable Programs for it? I know I will have to really slow down my hunting to get used to what it is saying. I ran a X-Terra Series for a long time. That thing was cruise o-matic!

I wonder if I should just trade for a new 705? I really do not know what to do, Beale.

Keep the Safari and learn it. When money frees up, get the machine you really want.
PM sent.

(and that's a very good friend you have there!)

Keep the Safari hands down the best performance out of the box compared to any other detector. What I mean is turn it on noise cancel and hunt and it will preform as good as most machines tweeked to the max. Takes a little while to learn the tones but after a few silvers, wheats, and Indians you will be pretty much knowing whats under the coil. Im a huge advocate for this machine it made me love this hobbie, before I used minelab I had a few other brands and went detecting when I had zero to do. Now im digging holes in November when I should be in my archery stand!

Beale, your really going to hate that Safari.:rant: It's a really bad machine and all you'll dig up is ring pulls and tabs:pulltab: for the rest of your life!! I'll do you a huge favor and take it off your hand for a few bucks ok? :rolleyes:
Ok, now for the truth!!! I am of course pulling your chain and believe the Safari is a great machine that'll serve you like it's served me......awesomely!!! Take the time to learn what the tones are telling you and you'll be handsomely rewarded with awesome finds!!! If by chance you end up hating it, remember, I'll still take it off your hands and give you a few bucks for it!!:rolleyes: