Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Salt and Ground ranges

GoldChaser

[size=medium]Has anyone done any testing to determine the available GND ranges of the Ground and Salt ground balance modes?
I've been playing around with mine (by trying to ground balance the machine on several items) and the ranges presented in Jeff Foster's "The MXT Edge" don't seem right. He says (pages 14 & 80) that the Ground mode runs from GND 84 to GND 22, and the Salt mode runs from GND 20 to GND 0.
My testing seems to show Salt with a more limited range and was wondering if anyone else had done any testing also. [/size]

GoldChaser:

Here is a link to a post made by the designer of the MXT on the T-Net forum.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/white-s/333301-mxt-mxt-pro.html

What I get out this post by Dave Johnson is when the MXT is in Salt mode and running in heavy mineralization it regulates the transmitter power output to suit the conditions.

The pertinent part is the following excerpt.

"I ain't gonna knock the MXT, it may be an old platform but it still works good. More than 10 years after, if you demand "ground tracking" (not that I say you should demand that), the GMT/MXT have the best in the industry. Not even Minelab (!) denies that! And as far as I know, the MXT/GMT are the only VLF-IB machines on the market with active transmitter regulation that makes it possible to work (with reduced performance) in heavy magnetite black sand, a circumstance otherwise left up to PI's. We're talking very good machines here. They may be a bit old in the tooth, but this is an industry that takes time to weed the turnips out of the beet patch. Ain't like celfonz where in 6 months the whole world has decided what kyckes and what szux. It takes time to deliver good beep verdict."

Hope this helps you out.

ArizFlash

[size=medium] Thanks ArizFlash! I've seen that post before but missed that sentence! That explains some of my experiences. [/size]