Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Salt Beach Program is Flawed

For the last two days my SB program has been acting very strange. Yesterday I was in the dry sand and wasn't getting many quarters but getting a lot of broken signals that were reading 91-93 and I thought it was rejecting bottle caps.I was getting bored so I decided to dig one to make shore .To my surprise it turned out to be a quarter.Dimes were reading 83 and when I pinpointed the 91-93 quarters ,the 22.5 freq. was the strongest.
I tried restore and that didn't work.Then I used the Hi-pro for awhile and that worked fine as long as I stayed in the dry sand.
When I went back to the S.B. program,it worked fine for a little while ,then-started doing the 91-93 thing again.
I thought it might a bad loop,I was using the stock loop yesterday.So tonight I used the V rated Super 12,and it worked fine for awhile then did the same thing it did yesterday.
Just as beaches are starting to get crowed ,I'll probably have to send it in again.I sent it back for the 1.1 fix. What worries me is that it don't do it all the time and they might not find anything wrong when they test it!!!

The Salt/Beach program has been a chore for me also. I have been using a BigFOOT coil and that is what I thought was my problem.

I think I too have had the "intermittent" thing. I did not think of it at the time it did it. But now I wonder?

The BigFOOT will pinpoint a dime/quarter off the BACK half of the coil. It will pinpoint a bottle top off the FRONT half of the coil.

So...when I get a target, I hit pinpoint---if I get the dime/quarter response in the BACK half of the coil--I know it is a coin. If I get a dime/quarter response in the FRONT half of the coil--it is most likely a bottle top (crown).

A penny and nickel will hit off the FRONT half of the coil. The nickel will read (VDI) around 65.

FUN FUN FUN

Jerry

I'm down the shore for the summer,and it was working great until the other day.I was finding coins in the wet sand as well as the dry.I even got 6 silver coins out of the wet sand.
Maybe your problem is the bigfoot is not V-rated.Did you try the stock coil ?
Ed

>>bigfoot is not V-rated<<
You are correct. This BigFOOT is NOT V rated :-(

With the STOCK DD coil, it was hard to pinpoint. May be a bad coil? I need to do more testing.

Jerry

The V3 is a great machine and if you can only have one detector it is a very good choice.
However, it is a bit of overkill to use on the beach hunting recently lost items.
A cheaper detector like the Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 will do just as good as the V3 finding clad coins and jewelry in dry sand.

BTW: in the dry sand the Coin & Jewelry program is the one to use.
Only in the wet sand should you need to use the Salt Beach program.

Willee

Willee,I like using the Hi-Pro in the dry sand. When going back and forth from wet to dry ,it's a lot easier to keep it in the Salt-Beach .

Ed

Finally got thru to White's and I'm glad to say Steve Howard took care of my problem.There seems to be a problem with the phone no. that I was calling.
Thanks Steve and White's for your great customer service.

Ed Laub

>>BTW: in the dry sand the Coin & Jewelry program is the one to use.
Only in the wet sand should you need to use the Salt Beach program.<<

In order to test the BigFOOT coil on the V3...I have been using the Salt Beach program on ALL types of ground!

The thing about pinpointing on the BACK half of the coil only works in the SALT BEACH program.

Jerry

I sometimes hunt the salt beaches and would like to know how the problem was fixed will soon be going to the beaches and if the same thing happens to me it would help to know what to do......Thanks

After sending my Vision to White's for a display (pod) repair, software update and a NEW 10DD coil, the Vision works better with the BigFOOT coil. ???

White's must have re-tuned the Vision :-|...Or...Changed programs? The NEW 10DD coil works better. BUT the BigFOOT coil also works better--No more pinpoint off the BACK half of the coil :confused:

Jerry

I had one of the first Visions that was produced and I was told that they had a calibration problem that wasn't found until after the first ones were sold.Ed
White's replaced my Vision with a Spectra V-3

Ed, Do you remember your SR#? My last 3 # - 030

Jerry