Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Salt Compensate ?

The draft manual says that the Salt Compensate provides a special frequency subtraction technique to compensate for wet conductive salt conditions (ocean beaches). I would like to know how this is done? And if there is any other conditions that you may want to use the Salt Compensate option?

Salt uses 2 frequencies to remove salt from the equation. The 2 frequencies are the 2.5kHz and 22.5kHz signals - gives you a broader range for finding targets. When a target is identified, the discrimination still looks at the 3 individual frequency signals so you should still be able to see the 7.5kHz signal giving the strongest signals for the targets that respond best to that frequency. But the special salt signal is what is used to prevent falsing on salt water.

If you have alkaline soil that is damp, you might want to use salt mode on it too. It doesn't have to be at the beach - anywhere where there is high salt in the ground and is damp. Dry salt doesn't conduct, so if you are in a dry area, you're better off using the standard 3 frequency mode to get more depth. (Now, a small part of me is questioning whether this is totally correct, but I believe it is. Bob or Carl may correct me if I'm wrong though :) ).