Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Salt water beaches and mineralized ground ?

El

How does the Deus handle mineralized salt water beaches and highly mineralized ground and can it hunt in shallow salt water beach surf?

Sorry if I missed an answer to this question.

Thanks.

There appear to be two distinct areas in your question . . . . . .

MINERALIZED SALT WATER BEACHES:

By mineralized I assume you mean black sand beaches. The Deus has a Salt Water Beach mode which has an expanded ground balance range to allow compensation for the different conditions that are present to be perfomed. It has been shown to work well in the wet sand / surf line with a few caveats. First, it will not provide PI-depth simply because it is not a PI detector . . . . it is still a single frequency VLF unit (although you have 4 frequencies to select from) and will be affcted in terms of depth and stability under these conditions (salt + black sand). Second, you can get better performance with some changes in how you search these areas; i.e., parrallel to vs perpendicular to the water, coil height, etc. If you are primarily a salt water beach hunter and hunt the surf line area, you will see better performance using a PI or multi-frequency unit such as a Minelab BBS / FBS or Fisher CZ model. The ability of the Deus to see very tiny gold items will excel in the dry sand as it will outperform most other units in this application plus it offers target ID with that sensitivity. As far as hunting IN the surf, not sure I would be willing to wade into the water with a Deus even with the control unit protected from water . . . . . . it will work but having been beaten around by waves over the past few decades on ocena beaches, the equipment and you take a beating and I would hate to damage the unit . . . a waterproof unit would be the choice for sure (maybe a waterproof Deus . . . . . never know what they have in the works :rolleyes:)

Highly Mineralized Ground

As others have reported, the Deus is able to handle mineralized ground and track to it even at high sensitivity levels with a high degree of stability, I have personally used it in several areas of hot red clay in Virginia and Georgia with good success. It handled the ground well and the depth was as good ro better than other non-PI units I have used there. The tracking mode is the one to use as it can monitor ground conditions and make changes extremely quickly - the display will show the ground conditions and you can see if conditions change and what the detector is doing to compensate for the changes.

Hope this answered your questions . . . . . .

Andy