Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Salt water beaches

mtdoramike

Which one of these new Fisher detectors are good for all around hunting as well as salt water beaches?

Thanks,
Mike

n/t

Well I have an f4 and have just spent a week doing salt water beaches.I use the all metal mode to find a signal, then switch to the disk mode to see what we are looking at. I worked from Dry sand, where you can ground balance really easily and be as fast as you like right down to the waters edge, breaking wave area, .. where the ground balance is at its limit but still very usable, .. ie you pop a coin in 3 or 4 inches down in the wet sand , you will get a good signal, probably deeper , but I didn't test it. You will find the detector is very chattery in the wet areas, you will need to use good metal detector form ie sweep steady at the same hight over the sand( i try to keep it at 1/2 an inch). It works for me. I would love to have a go with an f75 to see how that would handle .. I'm willing to bet its potential is higher but the learning to use may be a bit greater. Anyway , check out the photos on my blog to see what I found in my week with the f4.

Someone posted some good links (old findmall forum threads) and videos on how to setup the F75 (which can GB to salt) to hunt the salt water beach and it was getting impressive depths for a VLF on wet salt sand. Darned if I can find those links again though :shrug: As hot as the F75 LTD is on gold, if setup the same it may be very good for finding the yellow stuff at the beach :devil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcOsWXf_1sc