Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Salt water detectors

I am looking to buy a water detector.

The 3 detectors I have narrowed it down to are

Garrett sea hunter mark II

Whites Surf DF

Tesoro Sand Shark

These are all within my price range. Any information would be great

Including how long does the battery life last on any of them.

Thanks in advance

All three are very good. I think one of the main things to consider is coil size. The DF coils is BIG. The Garrett has the ability to change out coils. New Sand Sharks are hard wired in, so it's either 8 or 10.5

The DF probably may have the best options for finding lower conductive targets due to the ability to run at 15uS with a gain feature.

Not sure what pulse delay the SS and Mark run at but I do not think it's close to 15uS.

I would buy the sand shark i have one and a sea hunter much prefer the sand shark and lifetime warranty buy the bigger coil though

I find the Sea Hunter 2 is heavy, even hip mounted its awkward, the sand shark mounted under the elbow is very comfortable and a lot lighter, you can swing it all day, its very ergonomical
not to mention lifetime warranty, I bought one used and sent it in for a check up, Rusty replaced the headphones for free and gave it a clean bill of health.
I think its just personal preference but just my two cents for what its worth.

Hi gicpic, thanks , I just tried my new sea hunter yesterday, its works very well
I had it hip mounted and I must say I did notice the weight
cheers

Whites Surf DF.... bought one last month, easy to use. found 6 (18K- 22K) gold rings within 10 days, 3 of those 6 rings in one day. and not forgetting the half a pound of silver jewelry from rings and chains. It already paid for itself..
good luck