Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

salt water

It won't compare to any PI unit, and most of the VLF water machines are multi frequency, so it will be under par compared to them as well, when running in wet SALT sand

Now, if the wet sand is a fresh water beach, it will do very well.

Hi william1,i use an M6 on the wet salt sand over here in England and I do very well with it.I use the super12 coil and near full sensitivity and the detector runs stable.....it also goes deep.I tried the MXT on the wet sand when I had it and found that it definately falses more than the M6,i don't think it's one of the best for this type of hunting.
Out of the two,the M6 is definately better for beach hunting,i buried a ring pull(old style minus the tab) at a measured 10" in the wet sand and got a two way signal on it.I know this is'nt as deep as a pi but on a good heavy ring I reckon my machine might scrape 11-12" which is brilliant for a single frequency machine.
The MXT and salt don't mix that well in my opinion.