Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Saltwater and Freshwater Detector Info

swankey24

I am currently using a Conquistador that I have had for 4 years. I have had pretty good luck with it. I am looking to buy a water detector any suggestions and info that could help would be great.

I just bought a Tesoro Tigershark and have used it about4 times and it works very well on freshwater beaches. The Tiershark will pick up the small gold rings at good depths. If you want to see my finds from 5-13-05 an 5-15-05 that is how they are ladeled in the beach and water hunting section. I have heard that this machine is awsome in salt water as well. Hope this helps you some.

The Tigershark is great for freshwater but not very good for Saltwater. The sensitivity has to be turned way down to avoid constant chatter. The internal controls really hinder hunters when moving from fresh to saltwater. I hope Tesoro will do away with internal controls on any future water machine.

Jerimiah I am in upstate Sc were in North Georgia are you located. Maybe we can get together one day and go detecting.

I am in Ringgold Georgia. what part os SOuth Carolina are you from.

Hi,If you are going to be using it to hunt in SALT water, You should get a Tesoro SAND SHARK !!! If you want to hunt mainly in fresh water go for Either the Tiger Shark Or the Sand Shark. The Sand Shark is a PI unit...Good Luck & let us know which one you pick !!! DaleW