Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Saltwater Beach and The X-Terra 30

wpaxt

Well, thank goodness, time finally permitted my trek to the saltwater beaches of Southern California with the X-Terra 30. I was able to hunt Santa Monica at low tide for nearly three hours today. So here goes:

Performance

The 30 ran smoothly in the wet with the sensitivity anywhere 6 to 8. Anything above that became too noisy for me. For the most part I ran it at 7 but had to back off to 6 in a couple of areas near the pier. The detector remained quiet even when the search coil was submerged in the surf.

For the most part I hunted the wet sand area, but I did try the dry and was able to run the sensitivity up to 10 without any falsing.

Clad coins were fairly prevalent thanks to my hitting a coin line. Depth was very acceptable with most recoveries being in the 4