Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

saltwater mode

erjtej

Help! I have the newer version model with the saltwater mode but I am unable to find it in the manual or on the detector, Wanting to know how to access this feature, Thanks.

Page 41 of the revised CTX manual. In the CTX, fire up the CTX, click the center button to bring up the menus, select a MODE, then select EDIT, now scroll down to Seawater, it's between Recovery Deep and Target Separation..HH

reading the manual(page 21) it tells me not the hunt in auto sen. on beach does that mean saltwater because of mineralization ? so does the saltwater program take this into account ?and should I run it higher or lower? commonsense would tell to run it as high as I could until it becomes unstable but this machine uses different logic (magic) any help thank you

The reason they say to not use Auto Sensitivity on beaches is because the majority of beaches have very little mineralization. Without minerals, the CTX 3030 can't establish a baseline from which to set it's Auto Sensitivity levels. The unofficial "rules" I go by are..... if the coil is submerged, use Auto Sensitivity. If you are on the sand, use manual Sensitivity and boost it up to just below where it becomes unstable (like you did with your old detector). SeaWater mode has little or no affect on Auto Sensitivity. But it does affect Manual Sensitivity in that I can usually bump mine up a couple extra clicks when implementing SeaWater mode. JMHO HH Randy

I run my CTX with saltwater mode on all the time. I did some testing on various different coins and found that when I have saltwater mode on, my machine is a little more stable/accurate with TID. This is in South Carolina soil (sandy with some red clay).