Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Saltwater

itaska71

Hi. I am looking at the Simplex. I have a NOX and really dont care for it. I have seen several YOUTUBE videos showing the Simplex ( in field mode ) getting the same depth as the 800, if not more ( all things being equal ).
I have also seen videos of salt water detection with the Simplex, but nothing is ever mentioned about depth comparison with the 800 in wet sand. I did notice that several detectorists in the UK ground balance in the surf and then run in " all metal " or " field mode ", not beach mode. Does this improve their depth ? Also, anyone know why the simplex has to notch out five segments at a time instead of one ?

Thanks

Hi. I am looking at the Simplex. I have a NOX and really dont care for it. I have seen several YOUTUBE videos showing the Simplex ( in field mode ) getting the same depth as the 800, if not more ( all things being equal ).
I have also seen videos of salt water detection with the Simplex, but nothing is ever mentioned about depth comparison with the 800 in wet sand. I did notice that several detectorists in the UK ground balance in the surf and then run in " all metal " or " field mode ", not beach mode. Does this improve their depth ? Also, anyone know why the simplex has to notch out five segments at a time instead of one ?

Thanks
Here’s a video I did on the Simplex in saltwater. Switching into field mode and following this procedure will get you good depth on a beach:

Reactions: tvr

Thanks
I have a Nox 600. I run in beach 1 in dry sand, and beach 2 for wet and low surf. I get more than a foot at times in dept, one find was at 15". I use the settings the Gigmaster said on you- tube. 90 % of the time i stay in beach 2, I forget to switch to B 1. I like the notch selection the Nox gives. You have to see some of the small pieces of copper the Nox has found deep.I dig even faint signals , as you get down the signal will get louder. I have a PI machine if I want to dig iron all day. I use the Pi SS for deep surf where iI can get soaked. I'd learn the Nox better. It could be something your doing. Good luck.

Thanks
If your serious about beach hunting the equinox is worth keeping on that merit alone. I’m like you though, I just let an equinox 600 go and bought a new simplex kit with additional sp24 coil and pulsedive as a truck tector. And working on a vista X deal. T2 and vista X for woods and old sites. The simplex will never see the beach even though it’s close by. It will be a park/yard machine. 0-8” targets.
beach mode on the Simplex I believe changes the ground balance scale and default disc settings. I find that a lot of the UK guys’ technique just doesn’t work for me usually. Sites are just different here. I’m not sure about the notch, my guess is to provide the user with a predefined notch “window” to keep things simple.

Thanks
Don't do it man.
Give the EQ time.
When they first came out I bought a 600 hated it.
then gave it a chance and it's one of the best detectors I've ever used.
& I had an Simplex.

Thanks everyone. I am hesitant to let go of the NOX even though it is not very user friendly. I really dont enjoy using it at all. To many settings that I dont use. I have used Tesoro products for 40 + years and love them. Like a 44mag. Pull it out, pull the trigger, job done. Thats why I was interested in the Simplex, ( and of course the price, and waterproof ). Well, its going to be a long winter. Guess I will ponder on it for a few months.
My Vaquero and DeLeon hit every target in my test garden, down to a 9" silver dime ( as does the NOX ), but they are not water proof. I have never been a fan of target ID. My all time favorite detector is the 35+ year old Tesoro Inca. A VLF machine with a Depth meter. Unfortunatly It is not waterproof either, and dosent get the depth of the newer detectors. To me, a depth meter is helpful, an ID meter is not. In fact, an ID meter takes some of the fun out of it. I use the sound and the depth meter to decide if I will dig, not the target ID. Most target IDs are all over the map as the target gets deeper anyway. Well, thats my Sunday morning ramble. Thanks Again to everyone who shared their thoughts, I do appreciate them. Please dont hesitate to comment further.

PS: Still dont understand the purpose of notching out 5 segments when you only want to knock out 1. maybe that will be a future software fix.