Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

sand lot sand test whith Golden Umax

What you see is the great anoka sand , It is glacial and consists of granite and volcanic rock fragments ,I took one cup of this sand and cleaned out all the magnetic particles and set them on the left you can see how black it is and the rest on the right now in the drey sand i could get a dime down to 4" deep had to crank the gain to 10 and threshold at 1:00and disc all the way back if i turned the disq up to iron i totaly lost the signal same when only 3" deep i weted the sand to damp and got just a little better depth but i can see thear is a real diffrence between a ED 180 and an ED 120 my new name for this detector is the 4" max but it will do ok in the park

Thanks for the test. My Royal Sabre probably wouldn't work in that envirionment-even w/the disc all the way down. Fortunately, I don't have the same soil to test it with. Unfortunately, I can't afford the Golden-but still have my Silver with motion a/m and 120 disc.

I wonder which makes tha most difference,

Tha difference between tha ED-180 and tha

ED-120.

Or,

Tha difference between tha Manual Ground

Balance and tha Factory Per-Set.

HH,

Tabdog

the broader range (on the low end) of the Discriminate adjustment. In some side-by-side tests with a Golden

I also missed a lot due to target masking caused by extreme iron ground mineralization and iron-based trash.

Monte

Monte said:
I also missed a lot due to target masking caused by extreme iron ground mineralization and iron-based trash.

Monte
Thanks, Monte. I'm just careful about the places I hunt with my Royal and still understand what I'm up against. Looks like the Compadre is still in the back of my mind.:)

Thanks Monte.

I am always learnin.

I have noticed that in most tough conditions'
especially with iron trash, tha Compadre does
well. But tha Euro gets better depth and I think
tha disc works a little different with iron and
mineralization.

I guess I'm just a sap.

I can not get tha Compadre out of tha equation,
when it comes to a complex site.

But, tha Vaquero is so sweet, for most of my
rat killin.