Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sand scoop choices??? I'm lost...

Rocknut88

Been looking to replace my current stainless scoop which is an Rtg R790, to something the digs wider and to about 10-11" down smaller holes to keep in smaller targets, and something that isn't gonna force me to take out a small bank loan like the stealth scoops which are great but holy cow expensive. I operate primarily in the Chesapeake bay area with alot of heavier stilts and sediments dense sand to heavy gravel bottoms, I've used the stealth 720 courtesy of a friend of mine I loved it but I just dont have 300+ dollars to lay out on a scoop... thanks in advance for any and all suggestions greatly appreciated!!

Buy once, cry once. You've already learned that since you are upgrading now.
Get the Stealth 7", or 9" if you want wider. Save up as long as you have to.

Good quality scoops are EXPENSIVE. Buy cheap and that is exactly what you get. I have been using the same scoop for five years. Had a problem with it and the manufacturer fixed it for me at no cost. Save your money until you can get a high quality scoop.

I'm using the guy scoop. http://stavrscoop.com/en/8-sand-scoop? using the evroexcavtor but I think mine is an earlier version. I think he's out of the Ukraine but no problem with ordering from him. Get a shovel handle from ACE or Lowes. Had to shave some off to fit it but works great. Tough as can be and digs great.

I agree with most go with stealth
I have the 720 love it
Lifetime warranty
Getting stuff out of ground as important as locating it
If right scoop can get it faster and you can manage time better one find will pay for ir
I also opted for smaller holes in back that comes as a option for a little more

iv used the Stealth and many others over 40 years and find the best for me is the RTG # 733 from Reilly's $99. i hunted salt water and fresh water for 4 years almost daily before i wore the lip down. still using one!

Tajue17 said:
stealth? who is it made by,, Link?
Made my Sunspot in Michigan. Not sure if theyre sponsors, so I wont post a link.

I’m using the exact same scoop. A true beast. I don’t know about the others people have mentioned but the evroexcavator is amazing. I detect around the world and haven’t met a condition it didn’t excel in. A work of art. Takes about two weeks to arrive but we’ll worth the time.