Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SAND SCOOP

A scoop of at least 6 inches in diameter with a long handle if you have any plans on getting into the water. I bought a 5 inch scoop when I first started detecting the beach and once I started hunting in the water I discovered that it was woefully inadequate for use in the water.

There are a number of quality stainless steel scoops and also aluminum scoops on the market that will work well on the beach.

I use a T-Rex 9.5 inch wet sand scoop with a wood handle. However some folks prefer a different scoop. Like detectors etc different strokes for different folks.

HH

Do you plan detecting in the wet or dry sand? what is your budget? or do you plan to go into the water? There are a lot of variants when it comes to scoops and it all depends on what and where you plan to detect.

Beachmaster Scoops are my choice. They have many types, and I bought this one.

701.jpg

It can separate to use as a short handle or long. The company that makes them is RTG in Florida RTG. I don't think they are a forum sponsor, so the link might be taken down. But many dealers sell them as well, so may not be a violation.