Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sand scoops

A

Anonymous

Does any one have any good pictures of sand scoops?You can never get too many pics,so all are welcome. I have material to make my own but would like to see some close up pictures.Also best recommended sizes dia.& depth.I would like to make it with an interchangable handle Sometimes we get back and knee aches and can't bend too well.I plan on using stainless woven or welded wire screen with 1/2 square openings with a thin guage stainless scoop. Is that a proper size for beach hunting?I'm kind of like a greenhorn at beach detecting and could use any and all advice you good people can give me.
Thank you in advace
Jim Pa

jim
mine are little bigger in dia. than most
7" - hole should be 1/2" to 5/8"

Va Beach Max,I have some stamped stainless like that with 1/2" holes and I really like the handle.I am going to try yours but I will just put some type of ss plate on top so I can change to small handle if I want.Have to do something until the ground thaws. I want to thank you again for the response.The pictures came out very good.For the handles I found a pair of aluminum crutches and I am going cut them down and utilize the extension clips to my height,and use the top for a real short handle.All I need now is a good beach.
Thanks again
Jim Pa