Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sand shark finding earings

I am considering a Sand shark and am wondering what experience others have had finding earings. I currently have other detectors that are not finding them even when they almost touch my search coil. The ones I have the must trouble with are the stud earings which have very little metal.

I was at a local beach and a girl lost her earings right in front of me and I could not find them-I was embarrassed with my twenty five hundred dollar machine.

HH to all and thanks for your responses!!

My Sand Shark finds pretty small items.......and go's DEEP in the (wet salt sand)...... But to be 100% honest....... finding (Micro Jewelry) is very very hard for any (salt water) detector

The Tejon & Vaquero & Tiger shark will find the micro Jewelry, but don't do very well in the (wet salt sand)

I don't know of any (stable & deep) salt water detector that hits hard on Micro Jewelry. :shrug:

underwatermetalman said:
I am considering a Sand shark and am wondering what experience others have had finding earings. I currently have other detectors that are not finding them even when they almost touch my search coil. The ones I have the must trouble with are the stud earings which have very little metal.

I was at a local beach and a girl lost her earings right in front of me and I could not find them-I was embarrassed with my twenty five hundred dollar machine.

What 2500$ machine are you using now. We're the earrings in wet or dry sand?

Rob is right if your talking about salt water and wet sand. Also someone could have stepped on the earring putting it out of range of even those detectors that could hit it. Stuff can get down deep at the beach.
By twenty five hundred dollar machine you must mean the 3030. That machine and its siblings struggle with micro gold jewelry, I think they are set up that way to run butter smooth in a salty environment because they certainly have those higher freqs associated with small gold machines.

Ive had two pulses by different manufacturers(neither was Tesoro) and neither was great on the small gold either. I would love to try a sandshark one day.

If you are not in the salt I heard the tiger shark is good, on small things

The Sand Shark will find very small earrings ,it will not find very thin gold chain that the Tiger can find but even the Tiger struggles with the small chains and earring backs and stud earring unless you are in all metal slow tune.The multiple frequency units will go deep on rings in wet salt sand and knock out iron at the same time but you will lose the thin stuff.A pi unit will go deep on ever thing but not reject iron.If your beach is fairly clean then the Sand Shark would be the way to go if not I would go with the multiple frequency.But that being said I have used a Sand Shark in freshwater lakes with good results on all but the all but the smallest stuff

If it's freshwater the Tiger shark is the way to go for sure. If it's salt water the Sand shark will do it. The only small stuff I couldn't pick up with any of my detectors or pin pointers was some tongue and nipple piercings, long story.

underwatermetalman said:

These folks make all types and sizes of water proof boxes. Use your favorite detector for finding jewelry and add a little Macgyver to it, Bingo...I have seen several people at the beaches in Tampa water hunting with these boxes......