Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sand Shark for Prospecting????

Maybe this has been on the forum before...but..
Has anyone tried the SS for nugget hunting? If you have, let me know your experiences...both good and bad.:confused:
Thanks ...Rich

Hi Rich, keeping busy out there in RMH? :)

Just bumping your post since I'm curious to see what answers you get.

Thought I remembered a post about how the Sand Shark did for prospecting. I spent a fair amount of time searching but did not find what I was looking for. Have not used mine anywhere except the beach.

Take with a grain of salt since I can't find the thread, and know I don't have perfect memory ... I seem to recall that the feeling was that without adjustments for pulse delay and ground balancing, that it is designed and set up for the beach and not really set up for most prospecting environments.
tvr

I have not used mine for prospecting as I have the LST for that. The SS is great for the beaches. I probably will try it out prospecting next time I go out. I usually spend most of my time drywashing and typically only use the LST to check my tailings pile, bedrock cracks and fissures and maybe the area surrounding where I set up (especially if I am finding relatively coarse gold). I think the SS would probably work well searching in small streambeds where you can see a lot of bedrock at/very near the surface and the surrounding hill slopes. Deeper streams or washes where bedrock is deeper will have more trash accumulated and the gold will most kikely be too deep anyway with out digging down.

Please let us all know what you find out with the Sand Shark when you go prospecting.