Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sand Shark in the Water!

Terry Soloman

Got my new Sand Shark back into the surf for four-hours today, and it was rough! Got some new waders and really tried to stay in the water - and it ain't easy! This old gold prospector was getting hammered by the waves and learning the ins and outs of beach detecting first hand! I'll tell you what, there are no fat guys detecting the surf - LOL - I feel like I just jogged 10-miles! Gotta say I love my new Sand Shark! No falsing, steady as a rock! Here is a photo from my first time out with it. Cheers! - Terry

sounds like your having a good time and staying in shape HH

Terry Soloman said:
there are no fat guys detecting the surf

LOL ... Well then I better stay out of the water!!! It does help being in shape. After this past winter of relative inactivity, the first time I got in the water this year (a couple weeks ago) I did not spend as much time in the surf as I would have liked to and did not go out as deep as I would have liked to. Safety first so I can come back and hunt again. The years, weight and physical inactivity of the hours in an office have all crept up on me. Biggest thing, I think, is to stay in shape if you can.

Glad you enjoyed the water and the Sand Shark.
Cheers,
tvr

When hunting New York State Beaches, the permit you must have states that anything with a value of $20 or more must be turned into Park Police. I do not want to be labled an "Outlaw," so I doubt you will see any photographic "evidence" of my finds. I will say that every time I go out swinging my machine I find something - sometimes just piece of mind. The best thing I ever found with a metal detector? A 4.7-ounce Arizona Gold Nugget! On the beach so far, an 1893 Indian head penny! - Terry

Never did hunt in the surf. I have tried my MXT in the sand, but the winds were blowing to hard to stick it out any longer. When it warms up this summer, I will try the surf with a friends sand shark. Out here in Oregon, the Park Police don't seem to care what you find as long as it is something that does not happen to be a part of the states history.