Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sand shark o ring gasket

hunter12

Hi, all. I have a sand shark ,i have not used it for a year and a half due to health reasons. i plan on hitting the surf soon. Should i change the gasket and grease before i use it. It's been in the closet with the box closed but not locked. Machine is about 4 or 5 years old with the original o ring. I have spares and grease. thanks.:detecting:

Yes, it's cheap insurance. I replace the "O" ring gasket on my Tiger Shark every 2 years. I would not use an old "O" ring gasket even if it is unused in a box. They deteriorate with age, not use. Leakage of water is not covered under Tesoro's warranty and why risk loosing use of your detector for such an inexpensive part. I use Trident (brand) Pure Silicone Grease (available at dive shops or on Amazon) on mine to a clean "O" ring and I clean the groove on the detector with lint free gun cleaning patches in a Q tip stick with the cotton cut off and removed. Remove and clean the "O" ring and clean the groove every time you open the machine and apply the silicone grease very lightly to the "O" ring only.

Thank's old guy. Your right it is cheap insurance. I'll change it before i go and grease it. What is the real name for the type of grease for the seal and o ring. Thanks again.