Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sandals Resort Beach Hunting

nolanation

I recently got engaged, and will be going to a Sandals resort for the honeymoon in 2015, but haven't decided on which one. Im 28, but metal detecting is certainly my number 1 hobby, and will be doing it as much as the new wifey allows (she does it too!), without overdoing it of course. So with that said, has anyone been to any of these Sandals resorts to metal detect? Anyone know which of these beaches fully allow it? Any help on the topic would be much appreciated!

Beg Pardon? As I understand it, you will be going to Sandals for your honeymoon, and your bride also likes to detect? :shrug: Outstanding! Now heres a fellow who is marrying right! :clapping:

Now your just showing off!:rofl:

I guess I would just go ahead and detect and wait for somebody to tell me to stop...i figure being a paying guest, gives you some credence or logical defense if questioned...get us a picture of the both of you on the beach with your rigs...very proud of you man!:please:
Mud

I agree. I've never fully understood this mentality that something needs to be "allowed", in order to do it. I mean, like they think there has to be an express explicit "allowance", (like a posted sign that says "metal detecting allowed here" ??). Why is that?

On the contrary, only if a place has a specific DIS allowance, is when you can't do it. I mean, would someone wonder if they can fly frisbees? No. You assume you can, unless told otherwise. Or unless some rule truly did say "no metal detectors allowed".

I would CONTACT the SANDALS Resort LOCATIONS, that YOU and YOUR Fiancée are CONSIDERING for Your HONEYMOON, and COMMUNICATE Specifically with the Resort
Gen. Manager about PERMISSION to Metal Detect!! Get Permission IN WRITING with His NAME (either in E-Mail, which YOU can Print It OUT and CARRY IT with YOU), so if YOU
are Confronted by ANY Private or Gov't SECURITY Personnel, YOU can SHOW it to them!! BEST of LUCK, and CONGRATULATIONS!! Les Robinson.

Congrats on the engagement...however I feel this is a great time to educate.. once that ring goes on that finger your new number one hobby is no longer metal detecting, or at least that had better be her perception.. youll see... perhaps if you never show her your best finds she will think she is a better hunter than you and thus be more incline to suggest hunting together more often.. either way best of luck to you both and congrats again...

Seems like the fastest way to get a no anywhere, is to tell someone to put contracts/permission in writing. The only thing that THAT would conjur up for them, is legal hassles, risk, lawyers, etc..... If someone says "yes", then verbal is good enough. And I'm still at a loss to understand why permission is even needed there. If there were no rule prohibiting it, then why isn't that alone sufficient? I mean, if something is not prohibited, then ......... seems to me ....... that it's not prohibited. Would you ask permission to fly frisbees? Why not? You might poke someone's eye out afterall, or bother the flying birds, etc.....

Yea that's how I go about most of my detecting. If there are no big clear signs smacking me in the face, I detect. Unless it's private land of course. I just dont want to travel 18 hours and then have it held, because the whole island is a "sanctuary" or something crazy like that. I was just trying to find out if someone has done it at any of these sandals resorts.

I like your idea bootyhoundpa!

never had a problem in fact i find the staff at the resorts very impressed with the detector and always seem to find them watching when they can and asking what i found. Sometime security will talk with me just to prob but i agree if not posted i dont ask

I recently got engaged, and will be going to a Sandals resort for the honeymoon in 2015, but haven't decided on which one. Im 28, but metal detecting is certainly my number 1 hobby, and will be doing it as much as the new wifey allows (she does it too!), without overdoing it of course. So with that said, has anyone been to any of these Sandals resorts to metal detect? Anyone know which of these beaches fully allow it? Any help on the topic would be much appreciated!
Does Jamaica still ban metal detectors? I heard you have to go thru the govt over there to get a permit. If that is true I'd go to the Bahamas or Dominican Rep.

Definitely wondering the same thing. I've never seen anybody do it.

Seems like the fastest way to get a no anywhere, is to tell someone to put contracts/permission in writing. The only thing that THAT would conjur up for them, is legal hassles, risk, lawyers, etc..... If someone says "yes", then verbal is good enough. And I'm still at a loss to understand why permission is even needed there. If there were no rule prohibiting it, then why isn't that alone sufficient? I mean, if something is not prohibited, then ......... seems to me ....... that it's not prohibited. Would you ask permission to fly frisbees? Why not? You might poke someone's eye out afterall, or bother the flying birds, etc.....
This one of the areas I do agree with Tom on, if it isn't expressly posted don't ask. I believe it is always easier to ask to be forgiven than ask for permission. HI TOM :)

Congratulations on the perfect wife.
As for detecting at resorts. As a guest I don't suspect they'll bother you.
Though don't make a nuisance of yourself.
Go early morning. Or late evening.
If you must go during the day.
Don't go amongst crowds.
Do your best not to be an annoyance.
And you find something special. Don't yell eurika.
Put it away and CK it out later.
Good Luck in your adventures and with that perfect wife.