Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

sandscoop debate...production combination

kaptainkosmic

this scoop is tough as nails and takes a BIG bite. check the hole no beep dump it in the sifter move on to next target the sifter eliminates time spent looking for targets. also makes it less likely to get impaled on a hook, or cut by sharp glass or jagged metal they lay right in plain sight. will float multiple scoops of bottom, sandscoop, detector and you in an emergency! it has worked well for me.

Nice scoop! It's about what i'd like as a good scoop. The one i've made myself was considerably modifyed today. It's my first attemp and i failed for several reasons. I like wood handle because it will float upright and it's easy to pick up. The only thing i'd add is a good coat of paint or varnish on the handle. I did that to mine because the raw wood would soak up natural oils in the hand leaving them in a pretty bad shape after long use...

martin the dealer that was involved with the design of this scoop told me that a varnish or paint make the handle slippery when it gets wet. the handle does come from the manufacturer with a coating of wax. i would like to add a "stub handle" like gravedigger max has on his scoops. i'm working on a way to mount handle at an angle so you don't have to lean so far forward.
would also like to make stainless handle for those that insist on that route.
one of the guys that bought 1 of these scoops modified his scoop so the handle was at an angle i like it but would like to make it a little cleaner and be able to mount either way. also this scoop is heavy and mod looks like it added a couple of pounds.

Nice scoop... and I like the floating sifter as well!

Did you drill the plastic tub for the sifter or did you purchase it pre-drilled?

-Rick

i punched a template out of metal on my cnc turret press and then drilled all of the holes. i used a 3/16 drill which gives me about 13%
drainage. may drill it out with 1/4" which will make it about 23% drainage. if interested pm me. thanks for the interest. steve