Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

sandshark 10.5" coil

tommass

Are there any difficulties pin pointing with this coil? Would I be better off using the 8" instead. Any thoughts on the 10x5" elliptical for beach/water hunting. Since Whites DF is a 12" coil wouldn't the sandshark 10.5" coil be a good competitor able to achieve similar target depth?

My SS has the 10.5" coil.It covers a lot more area , But I had to put plexi glass bracket from shaft to coil. Wave action sometimes use to move the coil. Now with bracket( easy to make) no problem. I dig more ,but i find more.I think it would work just as good as the whites.

I have had a 10.5 coil on my SS . I sent in back and had an 8" put on . The 8" go very deep and is like hunting with a 12" coil, It radiate out 2" all the way around the coil. It also go's a lot deeper than a White detector.

I use the 10.5 and have no probs at all other than it flips up in the wave action. The coils depth capability and sensitivity is fine and is comparable to my infinium with the 10 x14 mono in the same ground conditions.