Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Santa got himself a V3i for Christmas!!

jwebs

I've been wanting a V3i for a few months now, and then I saw a great deal on a used one a few weeks ago, listed by chuck at Indian Nations Detectors, and he allowed me to pay him in a couple of payments...which lessened my burden for my one Christmas gift to myself competing with the other gifts for loved ones that I had to buy(Thanks again Chuck!!). I made the final payment yesterday, and my new (to me) V3i will be here tomorrow!!! I've been watching videos, and reading posts and stuff, but I know that nothing will compensate for good old field experience in learning the V. I will be hanging the DFX up(maybe trading it later for a different kind of machine), and soon I'll be swinging my V3i all over Montgomery!

I have a few questions though. How does the ("v-rated") 12x10 coil compare to the D2 as far as depth and separation goes? I'll have 2 D2s when the V3i comes in, and I was thinking of maybe selling one to fund the purchase of a 12x10 SEF--is it necessary, or should I used the funds from such a sale to get a dx-1 probe, or just keep it handy?

Also, how does the 8x6 SEF coil work on the V3i? I have one that I use on my DFX(purchased about 2 months or so ago), and wondered if it could serve the same purpose on the V3i, or if they encounter the instability issues that are reported on the 12x10s?

The white sef 12x10 i use on my v3i works great,i find it better balanced than the D2,and separation is very good as well i hunt mostly open farm land no if little EMI,works on all 3 freq ,Rx15 and with TX boost on with out overload,guess I'm lucky,but my brothers can do the same.. :wiggle:

You will love the V3i, I know I do just don't let it whoop ya with all those settings like it has some people. All great things take a little time to master, I've got mine singing in my test garden on the 7" dime and 8" quarter