Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Saturday Hunt - 2nd AT Pro Hunt...

Muddyshoes

It was time for my second hunt.

You'd think growing up in Florida I'd learn to start detecting before 1pm because of the summer heat, but then again, I've never been the sharpest tool in the shed.

I hit some perimeter empty lots and medians outside of a local park that takes meticulous care of its grounds and frowns on metal detecting despite having done well there many years ago. At this point, anything in the park that's still there is very deep. But I'll make my way back there at some point. Today was just a perimeter hunt to try and wrangle a little more understanding of the AT Pro and its language.

Because of the trashy nature of these lots, the extreme sensitivity of the machine, the heat which hit upper 90s and my lack of experience with my AT Pro, I hunted in "Standard-Coin" mode. The machine makes too much noise otherwise that I can't interpret yet. I'll start easy and work my skill up.

This was after about 3 hours.. the first time in I can't remember, when I didn't find at least one quarter.

The first round thing is a watch face, the second thing is unidentifiable and is part of something. The third round thing is, I think a sight-glass for the top of a car AC unit on a compressor. The star of David is made of some kind of coated metal...not gold, unfortunately, and the penny is a pressed penny that say M&M Nascar New York.

About a dozen of the pennies were part of a 3 foot diameter spill and were all about 6-8 inches down. They were located on a part of the grass parking lot where water pools when it rains so that explains why they were so deep. Three of the keys were on one rusted ring. I just separated them to get rid of the rusty ring.

The second picture is the trash... just to keep it 'real' and a reminder that coins and cool things don't come without a lot of trash digging.

- Muddyshoes

[size=large]whoever lost the keys isn't driving the car anymore anyway. those are Rambler / AMC keys. :rofl:

HH[/size]