Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Saturday Hunt

padiggin

Spent about an hour detecting an old 1700's house site. Found lots of man made iron, junk and other trash. Among all the trash I hear a nice smooth high pitched tone, registering at about + 76 VDI. I dig in and out pops this beautiful button, approximately 4" in the ground. I was using the 5.3 Eclipse, relic mode, Discrimination at 1, theshold was just above audible, gain was between 8 and 9, gound was on lock after pumping the coil and grounding it. Gotta love the MXT!

That's a very nice button and very well preserved. A place like that deserves to be hunted over and over again. MANY TIMES!!! :please: Yes, "gotta love the MXT! Nice find! Go back and let us know what all you find there.... I'm very intrigued. HH to all, Nancy

Nice button . With the writting on the back can you find out how old it is? HH Dennis in Idaho

Thanks Nancy! I'll keep everyone posted if any more nice finds come from it.

Don

...I looked up the backmark in Albert's button book and that particular backmark dates the manufacture period between 1834-1843.

Don