Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Saturday morning hunt

bbqman

A beautiful day in Texas today(cooler) and decided to get out and do some hunting. I don`t really have a hot new place to hunt right now so made up my mind to try some manual sensitivity -26. I went to a place i`ve been over 10 times this spring. A smallish front yard of a torn down early 20th century house that has produced some nice silver and some older coins, Indians, Barber, etc. Seemed to be a bit more nulling in manual, but I suppose that to be expected when not auto setting. Whatever, pulled out 2 Mercs, `42, `44, and a nice `52 Washington quarter. All 3 coins were mixed in with junk, the Washington directly below a cooper tubing line of some sort and the Mercs, one on edge at about 6 inches and the other in junk iron at about 5 inches. Found one wheat, a `58 and several clad dimes , Memorials, and Zincolns along with a matchbox car tag. I don`t know whether it was the manual that let me see these coins or just the always changing conditions we see for week to week and year to year, but I was stunned at the finds. I know I have a long way to go on the SE, but I don`t think I will ever quit being surprised by it. Thanks for looking and HH.

Randy WTG, I have a SE-Pro on the brown Truck she will get hear Mon the 16th!!!!! And you just sparked my Enthusiasm!!!! Yeppy Yahoo !!!!!!!
Mickfin,

Nice finds Randy. :clap: Still have'nt found a silver washington yet. What kind of reading did it give you?

Went back next door to the vacant house site I was this morning to chain saw up a downed limb for a lady who lives next door.
She gave me permission to do her small curb strip and I plucked a `44 merc and a `45 wheat. makes a 4 silver day for the SE, my best so far. :)