Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

save time cleaning your coins

Salida

Zeekey posted the following about cleaning coins. IT REALLY WORKS!!!!

"Some people are trying to find a good way to clean coins better and faster. I ran across this video and tried it. It works pretty good but the coins come out tarnished. Here is the trick I tried and it works. Thanks John333 you saved me hours of tumbling time. I use the same tumbler as John and have been using it for years. All I did was add 2oz. of concentrated lemon juice to the vinegar and I used 4 tablespoons of table salt. I ran the tumbler for 45 minutes. I am going to experiment with less salt and 3 oz. of lemon juice next time I tumble. I tumbled $140 worth of quarters, dimes and nickles. 240 quarters so my loads were much bigger than John's..
I want to thank John333 for the video and making my tumbling time much shorter. I was tumbling from 4 to 6 hours each load."

I tried it just using half venigar, half leamon concentrate and a hand full of table salt. The first try was not a success. I made the mistake of ading a drop of dish washing soap. DON'T DO that. It will explode. DROP the soap. I did a batch of disrty filthy clad in an hour. It normally takes me 6 hours or longer.

This is amazing!!!!! GO TO GENERAL INTEREST FORUM to see vedio.
Salida

The coin collectors I have talked with have said that for modern coins, the method you describe is ok, but for older coins, the lemon juice will change the color of copper on cents, over time. That might not matter to you for just cleaning them up, but if it's something older, and you want to keep the value of it, the lemon juice will be a problem later; how much later is a wide open variable.

Yea, you sure don't want to do this with any OLD coins.
I just cleaned a small batch of clad last night and it only took an hour,
although I usually let the tumbler run for two hours. The banks and those
poor guys who operate the Coin Star machines really appreciate it too.

I don't know why people want to throw dirty coins into a Coin Star or all
those zinc eaten pennies and leave a mess for someone else to clean up.
It never hurts to show a little respect for someone else. Whats that old saying?
"What goes around comes around?"

Salida