Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Saw it before but can't find it now ! Need Help

Richard@BackwoodsDetectors

Findmall Sponsor
I have seen these before but can't seem to find it now.. I recognize backmark.. Thanks ahead of time.. Richard

Attachments

• DSCF2659.JPG
    DSCF2659.JPG
    347.4 KB · Views: 131
  • DSCF2665.JPG
    DSCF2665.JPG
    393.3 KB · Views: 155
Marching band buttons, maybe cufflinks like these with the post broken off...

J. H. Wilson Button Cufflinks
Lyre Harp Philadelphia 1800s Brass
s-l1600-1.jpgs-l1600-2.jpg

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 116
Hey @Confetrit, any more information on these? Military Band? Civil War?

I'm not a button expert, and unfortunately I don't have the button book. I wish I did. When I first saw this though, I was thinking it was a musician's button. It could have belonged to a member of one of the Regimental Bands. It was a nice save. Someone here will hopefully be able to put a positive ID on this soon. Great looking button.

My old eyes can't make out the top word(s) in the backmark. It is not like any of the band or musical related buttons I can find. I went through Albert's book and didn't see the first lyre button.

I found out that is is a Lyre Harp Military Button because of the 3 pieces in the middle of the harp being seperate. Also, pretty sure it is a JH Wilson, Philadelphia. But I can't find a specific date yet..

J.H.Wilson was in business from 1873 to about 1907 when sold to William Lehmberg who is first listed in 1908. For my education, what reference did you use to determine it is a military button?

some good military band info here: