Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Say what you want about some of todays kids.....

They may be messy, mouthy malcontents but you sure can't call them lazy!

I found some new spots over the winter and got to hit one of them for a few hours this morning. Its in a city so I was expecting a lot of bush party trash but this place was unbelievable. Looked and sounded like up to no good events have been happening in there since the '50's. Melted aluminum, bottle caps and other trash at every swing of the coil.

Fairly recently a major effort was put into a dirt bke course. They used foundation stones and piled dirt on top of those for most of these mounds. I took all the pics from the tallest pile(6') by just turning around. Sorry about the quality folks

Some of the ramps. You can see them going off but that wasn't the end.
[attachment 52439 mar30th071.jpg]

Some more
[attachment 52440 mar30th072.jpg]

The fire pit
[attachment 52441 mar30th073.jpg]

One of four foundation holes
[attachment 52442 mar30th074.jpg]

Another
[attachment 52443 mar30th075.jpg]

Dug an incredible amount of trash but did get a few keepers. Coming up in the next post.

GH, Chris

Filled all three of the plastic shopping bags I carry with metal and my keeper pouch to about 1/4. I've heard there's good money in aluminum :lol:

Some flat buttons,and other doodads. The coin in this pic is a badly corroded 1876 cent.

[attachment 52444 mar30th07stuff.jpg]

A killer colonial button, almost 1 1/2" across.

[attachment 52445 mar30th07button.jpg]

Best find of the day was a blacksmith token. I found one of these 5-6 years ago that had been bent and gouged by a plough. Also had the typical farm field corrosion but still got $200 US for it. This one is in great shape! Terrible picture again.

[attachment 52446 mar30th07token.jpg]

Thanks for looking & GH, Chris