Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

school yard hunt with the Ultimate 13"

digginLa

Over the last couple of days I spent around 7 1/2 hrs re-hunting part of a school ground that I last went over with the Omega and stock coil. My finds were pretty much what I expected several zinc pennies that I usually ignore, recently dropped pennies, dimes, quarters and a nickle. However I did come across 4 nickels, 5 dimes and 3 quarters that I managed to miss the last time I was there. Anyway ended up with $2.90, 6 quarters, 10 dimes, 5 nickels, 15 pennies and what I think is a broken hair clip. The area that I'm hunting runs from the sidewalk down to a small ditch that runs across the playground. As you can see they built a basketball court across part of the prime hunting area as there used to be a water fountain, tree and a couple of swing sets in that area. Also since the last time I hunted there they have put a ground cover around the swings and other playground equipment so not sure how well I'll be able to do on any older coins that might be there. Here are some pics of the area I'm hunting, the Omega with the Ultimate coil and my finds both the good and the trash. Settings were sens at 58 (have EMI issues here with this detector which pisses me off as I can turn the Cibola all the way up and even ran the DeLeon at 9 or 10) gb was 44 discrimination was set to zinc with nickles notched in. I dug every signal that was solid and repeatable some of the trash I knew what it was from previous hunts but dug everything anyway.

Try all metal nothing notched 70 sens and discrim at 10 I can get down 18 inches at this setting with same gear you are using. hope this helps Wayne in Delaware

Thanks for the info. I'll have to give those settings a try, however I don't believe I can get my sensitivity up that high at least in the area of the school I was hunting when I posted this EMI is just to much of an issue.