Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

school yards

Frank L

We all know about elementary school yards (tot lots-drop-off areas,etc) but what about middle (junior high) and high school areas. Are these worth hunting, and if so, what areas are most productive?

The volume and quality of lost jewelry tends to increase as the age level of the students increases. I have made good jewelry finds in all areas of schools ... so yes, middle & high schools are worth hunting.

Totally agree with Hunt4Fun. Also they're more apt to loose their money too. Kids now a days just don't understand that money doesn't grow on trees. HH, Nancy

I heartily agree also. The higher the grade level the greater the coin yield. Almost anywhere on the grounds is good. Aside from the obvious benches, bleachers, etc., I do very well in any grassy areas at the front entrances and walkways. Any sloping grassy areas facing playing fields have been exceptional too. I mostly use a Eclipse 6X10, but an even smaller coil might be better because you can expect a lot of trash. Good luck!!

Larry and I broke our personal record of over $50 in clad in one day at one high school. :clapping: Lots and lots of clad coins. Yes, a "gold mine". HH, Nancy

Depending on what school we were at. Just look around and imagine in your mind where there would be a lot of kids and traffic. By the concession stand for sure. Any place there's a hillside, around the bleachers, the side-lines of the football field. Use your imagination. HH and good luck, Nancy

Thanks, Nancy, and guys, for the great info. I haunt grade (elementary) schools but have done very little with the others. I'll give it a shot.

Frank

Frank, Do you use a screwdriver type when retrieving coins from the school yard? Usually you can just pop those coins right out without having to dig. It's a lot faster and neater also. Some schools frown on using a digging tool. And Lord knows, don't take the Lesche knife or any other type of knife there. Remember that there's no smoking on school properties also. In other words, be very careful and HH, Nancy

Nancy-IL said:
Frank, Do you use a screwdriver type when retrieving coins from the school yard? Usually you can just pop those coins right out without having to dig. It's a lot faster and neater also. Some schools frown on using a digging tool. And Lord knows, don't take the Lesche knife or any other type of knife there. Remember that there's no smoking on school properties also. In other words, be very careful and HH, Nancy

And don't forget your lunch.

My God Nancy, you're starting to sound like my mother.

plidn1 said:
And don't forget your lunch.

My God Nancy, you're starting to sound like my mother.

:rofl: Do I take that as a compliment or a slam? :devil: Larry said it's my "Mother instinct". :surrender:

We love Mom's.
I'm 63 and without mine watching after me, I would be in trouble all the time.

:thumbup: Thanks!

I agree... school yards can yield some really great finds.....
Spend a little time just looking before you start your hunt.