Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Scoop assist handle

ROBOCOP

We've come up with a clamp on assist handle that allows me to dig one handed without bending my back. I dig using my left arm, I'm right handed.

It's marine grade aluminum and the leverage and height of the handle is like picking up a suitcase. You use mostly your leg muscles.

The low center of gravity of the full bucket allows you to carry it easily horizontally, avoid spilling and dip it to flush out sand or carry it up the beach to dump and sift the pile.

Right now I have it on a Stavr scoop and next week we will have one for a Stealth on a carbon fiber handle.

If there is an interest we may produce a few for different 1" or 1 1/4" handles in anodized or brushed aluminum finish.

Not sure on pricing or shipping cost yet, depends on volume.

We just got the handle done for the Stealth 720i with the carbon fiber handle. The CF handle is a little thicker diameter and requires a slightly larger clamp.

The Stealth assist handle is done in anodized finish. We are also looking into powder coated finishes in different colors. We use anti seize coatings on the SS bolts in the milled aluminum clamps.

This weekend I will make a video demonstrating how the assist handle facilitates one handed digging without bending your back or over exerting your forearm and wrist.

Also the ability to overcome the ground suction effect on the scoop buried in wet sand by pulling back on the assist handle before trying to lift the bucket.

The sifting of dry sand is also made simple by holding the assist handle. Hopefully the video will demonstrate this.

Other scoops that are somewhat heavier than the Stavr and the Stealth, such as the T-Rex and the Nuttall will probably benefit even more from the assist handle.

Here's some more pics.

I made a short video about 5 minutes long demonstrating how the handle works in dry and wet sand. Not quite sure how to upload it here.

One problem is that the video rotated 90 degrees when it was downloaded from my camera to the computer.

I started to research how to reorient it using Windows Movie Maker which is no longer available. Or VLC which doesn't seem to download. Or just reshoot the whole video without rotating the camera which apparently caused the problem in the first place.

So screw it, if possible I would just run it as is. I guess upload it to You Tube first? Than link it? I don't know.

I took some more still pics. I realize some people don't like to click on strange videos in this day and age. I think I'm one of those people.

We all know what we are looking at anyway.

The Stealth with a carbon fiber handle and the assist handle.

A Stavr with a wood and fiberglass sleeve handle (yellow) and the assist handle.

A all aluminum scoop and handle with silicon embedded epoxy paint on the bucket (yellow)

Another Stavr on a all aluminum handle