Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Scorpion as a non motion relic detector?

james1969

Hello I detect in Europe and am looking for a non motion detector to detect woodland and pasture, I have seen a mint Scorpion for sale and am very tempted to buy,If I were to find the big 12 inch coil for it would it make a deep relic detector...has anyone tried this....any info would be appreciated.

james1969, I have the 12" coil for the Scorpion and just went outside and Air tested the 6x10 elliptical and the 12" round coil on a 1 gallon paint can. this was with New Batteries in the Scorpion.
6x10 elliptical 12" round coil
pint jar full of
Pennies w/old zinc lid. 18" 24"

gallon Paint Can 20" 24"

In my instruction Manuel I have written down that the 12" round coil should find a zinc jar lid at 24-36" and the gallon paint can should read at 6'.
The 5x10" should read jar lid at 18"-24" and the gallon paint can at 3'-4'.

I'm not sure if my readings are Typical as the 12" coil has a small crack in the housing and this could affect the guts of it. I didn't seem to find a Clean area in the time allotted to ground balance well. I also didn't turn UP the Sensitivity past the preset so this could affect the TEST such that it was.