Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Scorpion depth???? :ausflag:

razor66

Hi all
Been out with the scorpion and been having difficulties digging out signals. Was like trying to dig through concrete. My question is: In all metal mode what depth can the scorp get to? The signal was pinging in all modes so was not hot rock!

Glen :detecting: :beers:

When I'm out prospecting in the quartzsite area I'm in the all metal mode, I have dug a small boot tack at 10" & I have dug some 22 bullets and shells at 8-12".I'm sure it had to do with some kind of halo effect due to the target decomposing but none the less 3-4 times a day I will be amazed at how deep my target is. My deepest find is an inch&one quarter galvanized water pipe across the river from heaton flat east fork of the san gabrial river at an easy 20". There was some rust on the pipe which will create a halo effect . I love the depth my scorp gets.

Hi Moondog

Thanks for that info, i was starting to think i was doing something wrong. Some targets that i left behind in the gold fields were down a fair way. One that stands out the most, i had dug down the length of the little garrett spade and the signal was getting stronger in all modes and a fairly crisp sort of signal but my my small pick was not getting me any further down, was like trying to go through concrete and i was getting tired and sore. Next time i will take a Dozer with me.

Glen :shrug:

Mine in Allmetal and cranked up to max will hit on pop can sizes at 28" and sometimes more, I usually give up on digging at around 14 or so inches cause I get tired, but if the signal is still strong I head for the truck for the heavy duty shovels and spades, gave up on a big signal in the woods last year was at around3 feet, still not there and hole was filling with water, was probly an old milk can or somthing, this summer when all is dried up,i may try for it again, tree roots and all:detecting:
The depth is no problem It's this OLD digger tuckers out:help:

Do you have a rock pick/rock hammer? You really need a good pick to chip those nuggets out. Make sure you dig a big hole well around the signal. Gold is soft, so it is easily damaged. A dented/scratched/damaged nugget won't fetch as high a price as a naturally found pristine nugget. It's also good to have a good magnet on the end of your pick to help clear out any ferrous metals(nails/iron rubbish, etc.). Best of luck to ya!:biggrin:Keep us posted!:garrett::detecting:Happy Hunting!:)

You must just be leaving a little for the younger diiggers Bugar
to test them. Might have to get a bigger truck to haul it all home
if you keep going. You are one serious digger Bugar !