Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Scorpion Gold Stinger Questions

Dick from IA

I don't see a lot of posts in respect to this detector, but I know some of you own and like your Gold Stingers.

In Garrett's comparisan chart, the Gold Stinger is not checked for coin and beach hunting. Yet in the sales info it recommends using discrimination for coin hunting:confused:. There is no mention about ocean beach hunting, but with the 10 turn manual ground balance feature it appears it should be dandy for that purpose.

It shows recommended for jewelry, relics, and prospecting.

I currently have an Ace 250 and love it! The Gold Stinger's depth appears to run about the same as the Ace, which is OK. I relic hunt with the Ace and it does pretty good down to 5"-6", which is OK for me. Having no-motion all metal and manual ground balance would sure improve my relic hunting, plus I do hunt some Florida beaches, too. Plus we will be RVing to places in the west in years to come, so it would be nice to have a gold specific detector, but without the $2000 price tag:thumbdown:.

Any:help: from Gold Stinger owners would sure be appreciated:clapping:

Thanks

Most people who buy the Gold Stinger, buy it for nugget hunting along creeks. It was specifically designed for gold hunting. It seems to get those small match head size nuggets with ease. I have talked to a couple people who have used it for some relic and coin hunting. There were surprised at how much of a universal machine it truly is.

Are you going to look for a used one?

Thank you John-E and Willy for your thoughts on the Gold Stinger.

Yes, John I would consider a good used one.

Hopefully some Gold Stinger users will catch this post and reply about their experiences with the Scorpion.

Gonna be gone on RV trip till after the 4th, so if I don't answer someone's post, it's not cuz I'm mad:lmfao: