Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SCORPION on atlantic Ocean beaches

Bugar In. USA

Am on vacation now in Florida, Ft Lauderdaale area, using my Scorpion with the stock coil=OK , in dry sand, after proper bround balance-fantastic, need slightly slower sweep speed tho, , in wet sand as breakers are receding, and some water standing, use TR disc, and lower the sens (depth) setting to suit, works OK, in deeper water, one or two feet= FORGET IT, don't work, the finds are rather skimpy, have talked to other detectorists and they are having crummy luck too, good stuff=hard to come by, but today, did manage 4, large 2" hoop gold earrings out of a wet seaweed clump, so all is not lost I guess, have used several detectors in Fl. and for me the Scorpion, and the Fisher CZ5 were the best, followed closely, or maybe ahead was Detector Pro, all the others were just detectors , for me anyway, no pics- no camera availibility- these are my observations, anybody else got anything to say??:detecting::garrett:

I no longer have a scorpion but did use one for some time on our Aussie beaches and it was fine in the TR mode over the wet or dry sand.
So long as you adjust the sens to a useable level and adjust the disc to counteract the salt then the scorp will achieve respectable depth. Black sand areas were a problem though.

Hey= Thanks for the reply, yep that's the way the Scorp works, been using mine for number of years, sure do like them, seems as tho I am the only one left on the third rock from the sun that uses a Scorpion, or at least talks about it, great detector and works fine, no gold in my part of the US, so I just settle for money and jewelry, best to you and the others that hunt in OZ.
Bugar

I am still tempted to get one, if one comes up at the right price.