Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Scorpion on it's way out?

Garrett no longer makes the Scorpion. It was replaced by the AT Gold. I am not sure about the future of this forum page. You are right in that there are few posts now.

Yep=They quit makin it, and everbody jumped ship for the new AT's, but amazing as it is the detectors still work quite well, I love mine, and still find the same things as the AT's do:garrett:

Yes the Scorp is fading fast but it is still a good gold finder and the calibrated TR Disc mode is great for testing ore samples for metal/mineral content.

The Scorpion is still part of my gold hunting equipment. It will work in ground that cripples my detector that I use for fine gold.

Like the Troy Shadow, or the Fisher CZ5,Minelab Musketeer, or some of the others, most of the manufacturers have noticed we are in a digital world, (HAVE YOU SEEN ANYONE LATELY WITH A CELL PHONE?+DIGITAL) gotta go where the money is and what is popular, folk like push buttons and automatic settings,, yeah my friends and I have some LCD detectors, use them time to time, but when we get serious, and want to GET IT ALL, UH-HUH=ALL, it's SCORPION TIME, serious detectors, and the real deal:garrett:

...Well if the Gold Scorpion is already out ....then mine is Really Out ....I am still using the Garrett Gold Hunter....I guess that it would be the Grand Daddy of the Gold Scorpion!!....LOL.....Joe

I had the one before the Scorpion, can't even remember what they called it "Gold Hunter A3B"

Here is an interesting post by John-Edmonton http://www.findmall.com/read.php?79,1864123,1864123#msg-1864123 by John-Edmonton

I already posted here on this topic but in regards to this machine going on it's way out I think not. There are 49 new topics, and 135 new post? How is that on it's way out?

Please know I am not getting up on my hind legs with you, just making an observation. :biggrin:

Joe (Tex)

You still have your A3B? I bought mine way back in 86 i think.
I sold mine to a friend that is still using it. Dame nice machine.

Would like some help regarding the Garrett Scorpion,i am based out of the UK so no gold nuggett hunting over here but i have been offered a mint condition Scorpion for a very reasonable price,are they any good for detecting silver coins as over here we have alot of silver hammered coins and my way of thinking is although it does not have a meter wa wondering if its worth buying.

I dont have any indication of how old the machine is but going by the condition maybe just a few years old and i dont think i have ever seen one being used over here either,so is it just a gold machine and nothing else or could it be a secret weapon that i can use on some of my sites which are roman and saxon.

Although originally i was interested in this machine i have decided i dont think its best suited for what i was looking at using it for.