Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Scorpion Rechargeable Batteries - John edmonchuck:yo:

Teach

I inquired last week about the batteries required for the Scorpion. John from Edmonchuck replied back that the 8.4volt nimh rechargeables where what he was using. Unfortunately John did not specify the mAH rating. The batteries come in different capacities. I have found some rated at 150 mAH @ 8.4v. and being offered for sale @ $14.95 ea. Never having bought these before I don't know if thats a good price or not. And I need the capacity in mAH confirmed so if anybody cares to fill me in here have at her. I'd like to order the batteries so they arrive around the same time as the new Scorpion does.

Also the Scorpion comes with batteries but I'm assuming they will be of a non-rechargeable type like alkalines, yes/no?

Is it adviseable to have two sets of three batteries or will the one pack of three do me? Whacha tink?

Thanks

Teach....

P.S. I forgot to ask...........if the batteries that come with the Scorpion are rechargeable.........does the Scorpion come with a charging unit? Do you simply leave them in the detector housing and just plug it in? Garretts website is a little vague with regards to this.

The higher the mAh, the longer they last. Mine are rated 170 mAh. I suggest you buy one set, and carry a spare set of alkaline. Garrett includes a set of 9 volt alkaline with an order. You have to remove the batteries, by removing the housing. Takes about 30 seconds.

The ones I'm looking at here were 250 mAh for $4.75. Thats a great price! You can get a charger and one battery for only 13 bucks and just add batteries in the numbers you need them. This is the very best place I have ever found for batteries of any kind.

http://www.batterymart.com/c-9-volt-rechargeable-batteries.html