Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Scorpion Tips

James02

I am a new Scorpion user. My primary interest is in nugget shooting. I would appreciate hearing from those of you that are experienced users. I primarily hunt in Tuolumne and Mariposa counties and would enjoy hearing from others that hunt that area. Thanks-Jim

I sure wish I was in an area where there was raw gold to be found. I use mine to look for the ring type gold so I'm of little to no use on the subject. Keep us posted on your progress...especially some nugget pics!!

Hi BCD I added a Scorpion to my collection about 7 months ago and have not used it yet,what are your favorite settings for finding gold jewelry?anyones input welcome, H.H. Kevin

For me, it's more about location with the Scorpion. If I find a good sports field, out comes the Scorpion over my other rigs. I just set mine to Disc and switched to Auto and put the Sens. and Disc. to the Initial Settings, with a barely audible audio and swing away. Don't get discouraged by the amount of foil and canslaw your are sure to pop up 'cause that just means if you get over some gold, the 'Stinger will tell you about it!! The Scorpion is pretty chattery, but you'll get used to it pretty quick.

Yeah I still haven't used the 4.5 inch Sniper for mine. Got to get that puppy mounted and go ring hunting.

Bill

Hey, those are some of my favorite areas, too!:thumbup:I've got nearly two hundred acres of gold claims there in "To All O'Me":biggrin:We usually hit 'em for a few weeks every year in the warmer months. Love AZ, too. Hit that in the colder months.:wiggle:
Tips? Dig it all!:detecting:Best of luck to ya!:biggrin:Happy Hunting!:)

James02 said:
Thanks, if you see a silver Dodge deisel with a rack and an old phart driving, stop and say Hi.

Cool!:thumbup:I'll PM ya next time we're in the area.:wiggle:We can hook up for some nugget shootin' & various other prospectin' ventures:detecting:Happy Hunting!:)