Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Scratched another off the list

rob.ream258

Another evening trip to the beach was planned today after the road trip to P'Cola. The day was windy and off and on rain and I debated whether or not to go. Not a great day to go to the beach, but I had a good feeling about hitting the sand. After getting home from the seven hour trip I grabbed the keys and headed towards the beach.

Just after getting to the beach I had to find shelter from a brief shower - the F75 doesn't like water. Headed back out and found a few good targets but not allot as normal.

The first heart stopper was the gold string. AAAAHHHHHH.......I seen it off to my left and thought I found another gold chain. It was GLEEMING half buried in the sun!!!! I casually bent over to inspect my new prize only to find it was string. WHY WAS GOLD STRING ON THE BEACH?????? AAAAHHHHH. I composed my self knowing that something was waiting for me...

Having few targets in walking to my right down the beach, I turned around and headed the other direction. I always drag my feet in the sand so I knew exactly where I've been. I walked another 20 yards and hit a strong signal between foil and pull tab range (solid 26 vdi ). Odd range but I've learned to dig everything since the salt water often changes how the targets hit. I kicked the sand with my foot to narrow the amount of sand to sift, scooped a couple of inches, and BOOM. Big heavy ring in the scoop!!!!!!! Didn't look at too close on the beach but at home found out it was my first tungsten ring - time to scratch another off the list!!!!

Only found a 1.50 in clad.......but the ring definitely made the trip!!!!

GL & HH

Nice find 258, one day I'm going to get on the beach and try that out. Haven't found any beach here in WV yet, well there's the Ohio river but there's no way to hunt along there. How much is the ring worth?

Tungsten ? Interesting. What's written in it ?

Nice color, looks solid.

dfmike said:
Tungsten ? Interesting. What's written in it ?

Nice color, looks solid.

Value????? Not sure but it looks good in my pirates hoard....

The only thing on the inside is a diamond symbol and Tungsten below............no name ...... no inscription............... sentimental value is x100 the scrap value so I'd definitely return it if I could.

It rained all day today...........but I'll be out there tomorrow if it's nice since there is only a couple more months of the tourist season.......

It's a real eye catcher. Congrats.