Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Screen cover

Anybody know where I can find a protective screen cover for a racer?
Thanks

so-called Environmental Covers for the display housing and rear battery/speaker housing. Any Makro Dealer or the Distributor can supply them for you.

Monte

The screens are so easy to mark on any detector. The control box will look like new even after hundreds of hours use with a cover.. I hate to scratch marks

The rain cover on the control unit in my opinion sucs. It rubs on the control unit and now my control unit where it rubs (i.e. Curves on the unit , top sides and bottom ) are now a dull red. Hence the shinny of the red is gone. Now with just the screen cover any screen cover will work . (Cut to the shape of the screen ) . GS

yes my control box cover wont be on there long as soon as I feel like cutting a flat cover for the screen, it will do for now or in the bush but not needed in the park as its a GR and not red I don't need to hide the colour, colour 50% of the reason I don't own a R1 and the disc the other 50%.

I know the GR is same similar to red in the disc is lumpy but doesn't matter I am digging all with the GR, a coin machine/cherry picker I want/need solid disc as the R2 seems to have, I don't need any more detectors really but if the Impact has some other features that will turn me maybe :biggrin:

AJ

Thanks. Ordered z%gg military grade for $6. Wish I had a old one for a pattern. Don't care for the rain/dust covers. Hard to see the screen in bright Sun.
HH

yeah be nice if there was die cut one save a bit of screaming ?? I took the plastic that was on there of the screen and traced the pattern on then cut it out, was not the best apply I have done but the screen flexes and so have some tiny very tiny bubbles, so being a perfectionist or rather wanting what I want :biggrin:

It annoyed me at 1st but it doesn't affect the viewing of the screen and if I ever want to sell I rip all my add on's off and someone gets as new detector and I get a better price win win for a bit of work at the start :biggrin:

sure you will do fine putting it on :clapping:

AJ