Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Screen on F70

Does anyone know if it is possible to replace the clear plastic screen on the F70? I know on other detectors its mainly the process of peeling off the old one and applying the new one. I don't see where Fisher sells these. Thanks and HH

You have to take the screws out and then split open the head unit to get to the the screen, I tried it once and it is not easy to do.
If you manage to do this without breaking something then you have to somehow get the screen out of the frame but there is a ribbon connected to the bottom of the display that sits behind that screen that goes to the board that you have to avoid tearing if you try to get that screen out.
Of course any warranty you have will be voided if something bad happens.

So no, the screen does not just peel off.

Don't know what you are planning to do or why but unless you are real good about working with electronics like this my advice is just don't even try.

Thanks, my grandson ( 15 ) was trying to get some small scratches out of the screen and he used some kind of lens cleaner on it and it clouded the majority of the screen. I wonder what first texas would charge me to fix it?

I had my screen replaced about three years ago on my F5 by first Texas while in was there for an update and they didn't charge me anything for the update or the screen replacement. Your biggest charge would probably be shipping.
I totally agreed with Rivier on not trying to do it yourself, your asking for problems.
Give them a call and ask what they would charge, I'm betting it would be under 35$.