Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Scuba Detector

Anyone have any experience with the small handheld underwater SCUBA detectors, the ones roughly a foot and a half long? I got one from Quest that looks like an over sized pancake flipper. Worked pretty good the first hour or so but then crapped out. Sent it back, got another and now new one crapped out on its first dive. It was a lot of fun the hour or two that it worked though. I do have a couple of full sized machines, an Infinium LS and a Tesoro SRII, I just like the small size of this thing, it was so much easier to use.

Can anyone offer any experience or reviews on some of the other similar devices? Again, looking for the small hand held type for underwater mainly for coins, jewelry, and other fun stuff.

Check out the Nokta/Makro pulsedive. I had a quest and never got to actually use it before it quit. The Nokta/Makro are quality products built like a tank. You can get it with 2 different sized coils. The coil is removable then it’s a standard, high quality pinpointer. Very impressiv, hope this helps

Check out the Nokta/Makro pulsedive. I had a quest and never got to actually use it before it quit. The Nokta/Makro are quality products built like a tank. You can get it with 2 different sized coils. The coil is removable then it’s a standard, high quality pinpointer. Very impressiv, hope this helps
So you have had good luck with the Nokta? I was watching some videos on it earlier, operation of the electronics looked almost identical to the Quest, the electronics seems to be the failure point. (Both times my Quest failed it was underwater so maybe it's not water tight.) My gut instinct tells me they both outsource the electronics though, hopefully I'm wrong. I like the modular design of the Notka, operating depth, PI and that there are accessories like headphones and a larger coil. It has all the bases covered if the QC is there.