Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sd 2200v2 fast track mod

godigit1

I know this has been done before but most Ive seen have been done on a straight shaft. So here is my mod for a S shaft. Basically the same as the other mods except for the switch I used a dirt bike kill switch for the button and it mounts directly to the shaft.
This is where I drilled the hale to keep it clear and is also clear inside the box[attachment 199940 DSCN0871.JPG]

Here the audio jack is soldered and shrink wrapped [attachment 199941 DSCN0878.JPG]

The attahment to the balance switch [attachment 199942 DSCN0877.JPG]

Here is the kill switch and the wire is ran under the grip. [attachment 199943 DSCN0879.JPG]
Here it is attached to the unit and ready for testing [attachment 199944 DSCN0883.JPG]
The whole thing ready to hunt. [attachment 199945 DSCN0881.JPG]
If anyone would like info on this mod for their unit let me know, It can be done to the Sd 2200s to the GP 3000. After that it is stock I have more pics and can give detailed info for you.
Have fun out there.

Nice info. I have an SD2200v2 haven't used it but once about a year or so ago. I need to get out and learn it. Couls you send me the info I will PM you.

W6pea,
I sent you a email on the mod.
Good luck with your Sd and let me know how it goes and or if you need any more info.
HH

Hey is there any chance you could send me some more info on the mod, I have just acquired a brand new SD2200V2 from a deceased estate and have fitted a straight upper shaft and GP3500 hand grip would very much like to do the mod, any help would be appreciated.