Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SD Cable Length

A

Anonymous

Can you lengthen the cable on the SD series detectors? I have heard that it has a big affect on sensitivity or is this just an old detectorist tale ,I see your waterproof coil has a 2 meter cable this is a mono how about the DD coils what affect if any on this configuration.
Regards Chris.

Hi Chris,
Sorry for not responding earlier. I have not powered up the SD for a while but will be doing so in the next few days to test a 13 x 4inch coil for a customer. My experience so far is that the cable length can be extended with no noticeable loss in performance provided the overall coil plus cable resistance is kept less than 1 ohm and the damping is adjusted to prevent any overshoot or ringing due to the additional capacitance. I will put a couple of metres of cable on a 11in Minelab DD coil and check if there is any difference.
Eric.

Eric, many thanks I will be interested to hear the results.
Regards
Chris. (Vic.Aust.)