Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

sd2200ve price

troyer

I read an ad in the gold prospectors magazine offering the sd2200ve for $1798.95 and was wondering if this is a good price, I believe there are a few other models available and how does this one compare to the other Minelab gold machines.
thanks

G'day Troyer,

I have recently purchased an SD2200v2. They are a VERY good detector :super:
Many years ago I had an SD2000. I had to sell it as marriage and children were looming on the horizon...:nopity:

I live in Western Australia and after many years, I'm back into gold prospecting in our famous gold fields.

I could have stretched for a fancy GPX4500 but didn't see the need to do so. The SD2200 will find everything that the 4500 can except for maybe the smaller sub gram pieces.
I believe this advantage gap is closed if you run a smaller mono coil on the SD2200. Don't get too greedy with coil size, especially if the gold is small. I f you suspect bigger/deeper nuggets then by all means go to a larger coil. IF EMI noise is a problem, then a smaller coil really helps (especially DD).

Later Minelab models are in all honesty, great detectors but I believe if you get to know your SD2200 really well then you'll be extremely competitive with all of these later models.

Use a mono in quiet ground but try and use a DD in more mineralised ground (very mineralised where I go). I also use an audio booster and regulated LI-ion battery.

The SD2200 has a great history behind it and has dug up many nuggets worldwide.

I think the price for a new one is very enticing....plus you get a 5 year warranty.

The SD2200v2 is very easy to use. Avoid any Discrimination and run in FIXED tracking whenever possible (or at least switch to FIXED from TRACKING if you suspect a target signal.)

Well, I've rambled on quite a bit but you can gather that I like this detector very much...heading out in a few weeks time as it's cooling down here finally.

Help the economy and BUY it !!

Regards,
Tony.