Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SE Finds Today

Yooper

Well, it has been awhile since my last post, but winter is over here in Wisconsin, so I have gotten out recently. To refresh your memory, I bought an SE late last October and got out several times before the snow flew. I found my first Barber dime with it last fall, actually, I found three of them last fall and was pumped to get out again this Spring. I was on my way to Minnesota for the night and decided to take my trusty SE along and find somewhere in an old town to hunt. I had done a bit of research over the winter and thought this particular area might be a good location.

I hit what looks like a vacant lot near a river for about an hour and had some my best finds to date. Started off with a 44' wheatie right next to a tree, so I thought that this area may not have been hunted before. Then I found a more firsts with my SE!

Found the following:

1875cc Seated Dime
1887 Seated Dime
1887 V nickle
1885 V nickle
1875 Indian Head
Another indian head, but cannot tell the date yet.
1936 Washington Quarter
1938 Washington Quarter

Never found a seated dime or V nickle until today. The seated dimes, v nickles, and indian heads were all found within a 6 inch area, so this must have been a nice coin spill.

This area is quite large and there were probably about 4 or 5 houses in a row here at some point. Will hit this area again hard at a later date.

I will post some pics when I get back to WI.

Later,
Yooper

AWESOME FINDS....

Wish I were able to get out today....

But with the Driving winds at just about 50 mph and the Horizontal Snow that's accompanying it.. It's just a little difficult today....

But Come Thursday Weather Man say's it'll be 80 Go Figure...

they say if you don't like the weather in Colorado Wait 20 minutes and it will change