Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SE Pro 11" Coil Question

JodyReb

Does anyone know of a review or field test that has been made available on the SE Pro 11" DD coil? Is so, please advise as to where I can find it.

I noticed that recommended settings that were set for the Exporer II were suggested higher on the SE. I read this on the Minelab site. So, is it advisable to set the Explorer II settings higher to match the SE, especially when using the SE Pro coil on the Explorer II?

Thanks for your responses, JodyReb

I do know that the Pro Coil separates targets better and is more balanced than that of the previous factory coils that the Explorer S,XS, and 2 came with. The Pro Coil is also a lot lighter than the original coils. I have found more Silver Coins with Iron in the hole with the Pro Coil than ever and it seems to really work well in dry ground conditions. I am currently using the Pro Coil and am doing very well with it. I am unsure if there was a field test done on this coil or not. All I know is that this Coil is worth buying if you are looking for about the same size coil as the original but a lot lighter and more balanced than the originals. Good Luck and HH to you.:detecting:

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?63,967747

This is on the E-Trac thread. (You can check out the other machines and coils)

The Pro coil has been the best thing Ive ever done to my SE. Ive found more silver in the same places Ive hunted over than any other coil Ive used, and Ive used over 5 different ones.
I run my machine wide open with no iron mask , listen to every sound.

The SE has a more expanded range is why you see higher setting, but run it like you would your stock coil

The coil is definately worth the upgrade, best large coil I ever used on the explorer and lighter too.. definitely better separation, depth may not be much different, but maybe a bit deeper than the old stock.. I wouldnt worry about settings, just run as hot as you can as normal anyway.. dont over do sensitivity with any coil, especially in high iron..