Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

se pro disc.

swish

Hi all
i'm new to the minelab experience and need some help with the disc. process. do you accept or reject the icons on disc. or just leave them unchecked. and what do you stand to lose or gain by checking them? i've used white's for many years so i'm not new to detecting just new to to minelab. so any help would be appreciated while i still have some sanity left.

swish --

You ask some very in depth questions that are hard to explain on this medium (typing). One thing I can say is ABSOLUTELY buy Andy's book. But in particular, your question about "what do you stand to lose or gain" by using disc, is really a deep question. Send me a PM, if you like, and we can go from there; I'll help you as much as I can...

Steve

Unless you are relic hunting anything to the left of center screen is rarely a target you want to dig. Thats why many people just use IM at factory settings. Also you dont get nearly as much noise. The detector does what it does ids every piece of metal.... the tones being allowed to your headphones is based on what you tell it to disc. There are times when you might want to use a pattern. You also get overlap of patterns that you disc... and add. Like crown caps and coins. The disadvantage is that targets CLOSE in digital reading .... just like on the whites can be eliminated on the fringe. For white machine targets close to say 5 or 10 digits may be affected. Once i learned the smartscreen i just prefer seeing more of a jump to the left so my IM is normally set at about 26.

Dew